Tuesday, December 8, 2009

From The Reading Desk

For us...

I know this book has been around for awhile, but I figured it took me awhile to get to it, so maybe you haven't yet either.  It's not too spooky, it's beautifully written and will take you traveling all over the world.  There is romance and suspence and rich histories of many different cultures.  And oh yes, before I forget, it is about Count Dracula and the possibility he still roams among us!  It is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.  It' is fab!  How fab?  I read all 700 and some pages in four days! (that's saying something considering my schedule).

Now For the Wee ones...

Knuffle Bunny and Knuffle Bunny Too by Mo willems.  These delightful books follow Trixie's adventrures with her parents and her beloved Knuffle Bunny.  Cheerful illustrations over a black and white backdrop of New York City give a lesson in community basics, love, loss, friendship and reunion.  These are delightful!  And don't let the boys miss out because the main character is a girl...my son loved it so much he memorized it before he could even read!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You are my love bug! I loved The Historian. I just picked up the Swan Thieves... Maybe its Swann...hmm...same author and I am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete